Asked in Probate for Georgia

Q: Is there a way to get an inventory list if the will mentions O.C.G.A 53-7-33? Is there a way around it?

My father in law died, leaving my husband everything and naming him the executor to his will too.

My husband died before he could finish the probate process. Our children (Minors) are now the heirs but the new executor won't tell us what's there. We have repeatedly asked for an inventory list, which they just keep ignoring. It has been 3 years and we still haven't received any information. I filed a motion to intervene and was denied by the court. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
Robert W. Hughes Jr.
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Lawrenceville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You did not mention whether your children are adults or minors. If adults, they need to file a petition for settlement of accounts with the probate court that issued letters. You probably should consult with an attorney specializing in probate work for assistance.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.