Brookline, MA asked in Criminal Law, Libel & Slander and Personal Injury for Massachusetts

Q: As a survivor of Assault and Battery, is there anything I can do?

I am a victim of Assault and Battery. It occurred on the 9th of September and I am still in physical therapy with back and neck injuries. The hospital discharge summary says Assault, as well as other medical records and also the police report. I've had a harassment prevention order extended twice. The Clerk Magistrate ruled in favor of my case. The abuser is now trying to silence me with ridiculous allegations of harassment. I have evidence he perjured himself to the judge in the initial prevention order hearing. He is now defaming my character to his cult-like following over Facebook. He has called me a "psycho incel" (which is tantamount to calling someone a domestic terrorist) and "stalker," which, to his fringe-left followers, is a dog whistle—inciting them to cast me aside or to respond with indifference if violence were ever to come to me— and has put me in fear of imminent serious physical harm. There has to be a violation here somewhere. Objects have been thrown at my house. Th

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: file assault charges; contact your local DA's office and ask for the victim assistance coordinator.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.