Asked in Civil Litigation for Florida

Q: I lived with my boyfriend ,my daughter and His mom in her home.He just passed away now family is suing for me to leave.

I took care of everything in and out of home. Mother is now in care of daughter and she wants me out now.The Mother and I are close but the daughter lives in CA.and doesn't care. I need time to pack and move my property. They changed locks to main house and took personal property. What are my options?. I already responded to 5 day summons.Now I just received a motion of default, writ of possession in mail 2 days ago.Will I go to court?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the writ of possession has been issued, no, it appears that court hearings are over. Expect a police officer to serve you with the writ any time and, at that time, remove you from the premises. Did your response to the summons get filed in court?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.