Milford, PA asked in Traffic Tickets for Pennsylvania

Q: I was pulled over for yielding at a stop sign.

The officer was more than a hundred yards away and traveling towards me. I’m surprised she even noticed. She said she issued a violation but her printer was broken and I would get it in the mail. She told me how to pay it, by mail or in person but did not mention an on line payment. I then asked her if a online payment was an option and she responded yes but repeated that in person or by mail would be better. Can I beat this? I did not receive the mailed ticket yet.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellis B. Klein
Ellis B. Klein
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Do you not just plead guilty because you are facing three points on your license if convicted. Points can lead to higher insurance rates and also if you get another ticket in the following year you could lose your license if you go over six points. Get a lawyer who will help you either fight the case to go to trial or work out a resolution with the officer for no points so that it does not appear on your record. Depending on the judge, your lawyer may be able to go to court for you so that you would not have to take time out of your day to go to court. Start calling experienced traffic lawyers to see who you feel most comfortable with and who has the most experience in this area of law. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.