Massillon, OH asked in Domestic Violence for Ohio

Q: How do I get a restraining order/order of protections?

Harassment complaint filed with Oxford PD in March while at college. Ex boyfriend continues to harass via phone, text, email and social media despite being blocked (using other phones and making fake accounts to do so) Currently living in another state but will return to Oxford, OH for college in August and fear the harassment will escalate. I have dates times and screenshots/call logs etc of continued contact despite being asked for no contact at all.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Several things you can do. First, you can report it to the police. Telecommunications harassment is a criminal offense in Ohio. Second, you file for civil stalking protection order with the county court. Most of them have forms.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.