Philadelphia, PA asked in Criminal Law and Real Estate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Is there anything to be done about parole stipulations in Pennsylvania?

I can't live in the county i'm from. The problem is I own a house there, which i just inherited. I can't afford two places, so i moved out of the parole approved crack house which i shared with other parolees. Into my house that's in a basically crime free area. So the last few months I have been cleaning out, and fixing it up to sell it, so I can buy a house. It's been stressing me out and was hoping there was something i could do about this. Exiled in PA

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Your attorney may be able to file a motion to modify your parole conditions. It would be made in the same Court you got convicted in. The Judgment of your Conviction should be carefully examined for the exact conditions which are impeding your successful return to society.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.