Dunedin, FL asked in Employment Discrimination and Gov & Administrative Law for Florida

Q: Any lawyers willing to take on a suit against the federal government? Someone worked for the Gov of Florida.

I have a discrimination lawsuit I would like to file. It pertains to preferences of which I can not legally be discriminated against.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Of course there are; otherwise, no suits would ever be filed against the Federal government! If you happen to be asking if any lawyers viewing your post are willing to take your case, this site does not work that way; it's for lawyers to offer educational information about the questions being asked, which also boosts our public profiles. To look for a lawyer who might be interested in assisting you with your matter, you must contact lawyers directly, and to search for lawyers who take discrimination matters, you may click on the Justia "find a lawyer" tab, then input "discrimination" and your city or county.

Now, if you want to try to obtain some educational info about your issue, your post would need to provide more about the facts of your situation. Also, if you're talking about discrimination by, or against, someone who worked for "the Governor of Florida", you are probably talking about a State, rather than Federal, government situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.