Tulsa, OK asked in Traffic Tickets for Arkansas

Q: I got cited for pedestrians crossing at other than crosswalk yesterday, its my first offense,and I'm not sure what to do

I was running across the street to my motel, this car waved me to go across because it was clear, another car that happen to be texting and driving slammed on their brake to late and clashed with the car that waved me to go across, and due to property damage I have to go to court. Its my first offense im not sure what will happen.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Baton Rouge, LA

A: This sounds like something you should fight and if you do so, then you should hire a traffic ticket attorney to represent him and wade through this. Use the Find a Lawyer tab and search for criminal defense or traffic ticket attorneys in your area-----some will provide a free initial consultation----I know that my firm does----after you speak to a few, hire the one with whom you are most comfortable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.