Dayton, OH asked in Traffic Tickets for Ohio

Q: Will a ticket show up in a court date that doesn’t have a verdict yet?

I got a ticket on a freeway for going 19 over. Then got pulled over a few days later doing 19 over on a business road. My second one is first and I’m wondering if the first ticket will show up on record since it doesn’t have a verdict yet. Also, what is the best way to go about going to court. Would getting an attorney be my best option on both of these or will the outcome most likely be the same?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Hunter G. Cavell
Hunter G. Cavell

A: You should speak with an attorney to represent you as both of these tickets likely carry at least two points. An attorney may be able to knock down the moving violations. Are both tickets issued by the same municipality? I'd assume not, but it would be worth knowing. As to your question, open tickets can be found when searching you as there is a public record. Since there is no disposition, the record search will not say the outcome.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.