Seattle, WA asked in Criminal Law and Wrongful Death for California

Q: After death threats by a gang of inmates my son died in San Quentin. What can I do?

After death threats when Johnny got to San Quentin he was put in a dorm with 100 inmates. When he died he was wearing metal ankle restraints, defenseless. He had 100x the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system. All his property was missing. After the passing of SB 1437 Johnny had petitioned the court and his case had been in front of a judge 8x when he was found unresponsive. So while he was dying of an overdose he wouldn't have done himself, inmates were robbing him of his property before they called for aid. His death threats were confirmed by a confidential informant. The virus has prevented me from dealing with this in a timely manner. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: Contact the California Civil Liberties Union Prison Rights Project. Ask for the names of some of their "cooperating attorneys." They may be able to assist you or not depending on the detailed facts.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.