High Springs, FL asked in Family Law for Florida

Q: Can I file for an injunction on my dad for trying to take my child from me after he has been put into Foster care DCF?

my dad and my step mom have harassed us long enough about taking my child from me after the state deemed them unfit to take care of my 31 month old

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Linda Liang
Linda Liang
  • Boca Raton, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If your Dad takes your Child without authorization, it is considered kidnapping. It's in the law. In Florida, five different types of protective injunctions are available:

Domestic Violence

Sexual Violence

Dating Violence

Repeat Violence


But the five injections in Florida do not seem to serve as a warning.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.