Dayton, OH asked in Real Estate Law for Ohio

Q: I need help with the translation of a HOA for a home we wil be purchasing.

The HOA is 76 pages and looks to be for the builders, developer presented to the City of Huber heights and Tipp City from 2008 or 2009.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: HOA Declarations are typically that lengthy, but are fairly standard. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local real estate attorney who can review it with you. But they are not negotiable, and are nearly impossible to amend. So you have to be able to follow all the rules and restrictions. Talk to the HOA board of directors about any problems, delinquent owners, financial condition, etc.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.