New Orleans, LA asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for Louisiana

Q: I feel like Im running out of options on what I can motion or ask the judge to do, any suggestions.

Nutshell version. Me and my ex live in different parishes. No current custody agreement. She has lots of criminal charges for harassing and other related charges towards me. she has been arrested multiple times and currently wanted. She is dating a sheriffs deputy where she lives and his whole family is in the department also. I have been getting my rights violated left in right there and her being allowed to make false claims but all I can completely prove false. I have been granted several temporary custody orders, they refuse to acknowledge or get my children back and wont serve her. writ of civil warrant against her same thing. wont acknowledge it or serve her or give me my children. she has active arrest warrants and in violation of protective orders by having my daughter but the sheriffs office doesn't care. what could I ask the judge to do at this point? she has had my children split up for to long. Extradition? Custody ruling without her? i tried habeas ignored it also, help!!!

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hire a custody lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.