Elgin, OK asked in Uncategorized for Oklahoma

Q: what do i do if my 16 year old leaves his fathers house?

My 16 year old left his dad and came to my house. His dad has been threatening to kick him out for at least 6 months. His dad has text me two different times about him coming to stay with me. I am more than willing and happy to have my son come live with me because I understand the living situation. His dad said he is going to file a missing persons report tmrw. what should I do. My son does not want to go back to his dads.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jessica Brown
Jessica Brown
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: It sounds like you might need an emergency motion to modify whatever underlying custody agreement / order is currently in place.

If no order is in place, then your kid can stay with either parent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.