Asked in Real Estate Law for Connecticut

Q: I have been in my home for 20 years. A new neighbor has decided to remove stones from a deviding wall. He built a pallet

structure on it. I have asked them to remove it and replace the wall. I am just ignored. What can I do. Vince Cleri

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: You will need a boundary line survey to prove you own all or most of the wall, with the surveyor available as a witness. Then you sue the adjoining owner for trespass, tort damages and possible conversion of the stones. Hopefully you will not need a Boundary Dispute Action. All of this is expensive, but then real properties are usually very valuable. Both Titles now have clouds on them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.