Baytown, TX asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI and Cannabis & Marijuana Law for Texas

Q: our lawyer said could only was revoke BF;s bond all his missed court dates due to not being released we dont understand

I don't know the specifics of the cases what I do know is that IN 2019 my boyfriend was charged with a thc vs in Freestone County He was given the option 8 years probation or 10 years, He failed a UA in 2020 for weed and was arrested for a revocation, HIs lawyer bonded him out and came back to Harris county. Well he got caught up in some trouble in Harris County. He was arrested in 02/211. He had court for Freestone in May but despite all my effort to inform everyone i could think of to let tapeem know he was in jail he missed court and they revoked his bond,. When i was able to bond him out no hold so i paid and waited to be told he had a bond in Freestone. So i was able to pay for an out of county bond, For them to hold him on a no bond (after i had paid it) Now we are facing the same thing in Harris County two missed two court dates. His lawyers are talking with us and i do was much research as i can but i don't know what to do. HIs lawyers keep us in the dark. What cacn I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Kiele Linroth Pace
Kiele Linroth Pace
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Criminal defense attorneys are not technically required to talk to anyone but the defendant. Cheap or court-appointed attorneys are often too busy to talk to the defendant's loved ones. You could hire a better attorney to replace the existing attorney and perhaps get better customer service but that will come at a price.

Be aware that, even if you hire a premium attorney, if the defendant requests that the attorney NOT talk to loved ones then the attorney must honor that request... even if the attorney was paid by the friends or family members.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.