Valparaiso, IN asked in Probate for Mississippi

Q: I need to find information about heir property in Mississippi. Who should I talk to?

The property was owned by my grandparents, they are deceased and their children are deceased. Thirteen grand children are living. How can I find out who's name the property is in? Two of the grand children have information about the property and will not share the information with the others. How can we find out about the heir property. We would like to sell the property and split the proceeds.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Knoxville, TN

A: Call a MS attorney in the County where the property lies. Hire him to search the title and then see who is presently receiving the tax notices. If it looks profitable, the lawyer will need to determine Heirship, and then record an Affidavit of Heirship. A Partition Action may be necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.