Wayne, PA asked in Education Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Hi. Iam trying to convince my sons school district to allow his RBT to come to school and they wont budge?

My son is non verbal and moderate on the AUTISM scale. He has attention, and elopement issues, he needs a qualified Registered Behavior Therapist to work with him and get him to work in a regular classroom on task and according to schedule. He needs an IEP but he also needs accommodations like an RBT in the classroom , things that they wont even consider. Iam not sure what to do? THey say they have an autistic classroom but they hire paras who are not qualified and reinforce the wrong behaviors just to keep the peace in the classroom. I worked as a PARA there this past year and seen how it is done. What should I do? I cant afford a lawyer to fight them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Contact the Disability Law Center in Philadelphia. They work for free.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.