Houston, TX asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Texas


1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: What kind of information are you trying to provide? The answer to that question will lead you to the people you should speak with. For example:

If you have information that might help the person with their court case, then you should try to contact their lawyer. When you look up jail information on the person, usually their lawyer is listed right there on the jail information page.

If you are trying to get information to the authorities which might help them prosecute this person, you'd want to contact the police or sheriff's department that is investigating the case or was the arresting agency.

If you have health information or are keeping medications the person needs, you should contact the jail's nurse who you can probably get just by calling the main phone number for the jail.

If you would re-submit your question and indicate what kind of information you're trying to convey, we could lead you to whomever it is you might consider talking to. Good luck.

Kiele Linroth Pace agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.