Asked in Civil Rights for Pennsylvania

Q: Hi, my husband and I are residents of Ontario Canada and we received a civil complaint from Drums, PA county of Luzerne.

We purchased a piece of land at Eagle Rock Resort in PA in 2017. We paid dues thru our credit card for a year. We told them we are not able to continue anymore due to financial reason and we stopped the payment. Now, we received this civil complaint against me and my husband. Hope you can help us. Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You need to respond to the complaint. Look at the contract--chances are you agreed to service of the complaint. You don't want it to go to default judgment.

If it's a time share there may be other issues.

Start by seeing (if it's a time share) if they will take it back.

Note this article:

If its not a time share you may be able to sell the property. You would want to speak with an attorney in Luzerene/Lackawana county.

Here's an owners group that may have some suggestions:

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.