Minneapolis, MN asked in Probate for Minnesota

Q: How do I report to the court that someone has claimed to be a trustee , stolen my property, claims in court no trust?

There has been no showing of the trust and all the properties and money are being stolen.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Theodore David Vicknair Sr.
Theodore David Vicknair Sr.
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Mandeville, LA

A: You will have to hire an attorney. If I were the attorney, I would get you appointed the administrator of the estate. Then get that person served and force him or her to come into court and prove that a trust exists. As administrator, you'd be able to get bank statements of the decedent easily and show cash flows.

Sounds like he or she is playing both sides against the middle, claiming that they are the trustee but cliams in court there is no trust? So they have been to court already? This is the point I don't get.

But you need to hire someone quick, because once money goes, it can be gone forever.

Anthony M. Avery agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.