Lincoln, CA asked in Social Security for California

Q: How can we obtain a legal court ( embossed), wet ink document appointing my wife, Mary Scott as executor of her aunts

estate? We are dealing with social security, and need this court document to get info for her aunts estate. Can you help? thank you very much, Ca. and/or Roseville Ca. area only please.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC

A: You will need to talk to the clerk of court where her aunt resided about the process. It will depend on whether or not her aunt left a will naming an executor. Your wife could also speak with an attorney that handles probate cases. Most attorneys who do estate planning (wills and trusts) will know how the process works in that county.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.