Destrehan, LA asked in Domestic Violence for Louisiana

Q: How long do it take to be convicted of a crime?

you have about four charges over your head never been convicted of none ran concurrent, did treatment,most affidavit was signed charges was dropped so what else can I do will they try to railroad me can I get time or probation, or they just trying to convict me of something?? no witness or willing to testify most dropped charges also sign affidavit why is the state trying to still convict me and making me do all these things without a convictions most charges are dropped to disturbing the peace or less

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William Jaksa
William Jaksa
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Toronto

A: It sounds like they might be trying to get as much as possible up front, perhaps even agreements from you, that they know they won't get at trial. Figure out what you are willing to do up front in hopes of having the charges dropped and don't let them push you past that point. Set it for trial as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.