Long Beach, CA asked in Contracts for California

Q: I co-signed a carlease and the person who drives it has missed a payment. Can I take the car away from them?

I go-signed on a lease to help a friend. They have been driving it for one year and I was just notified on my credit that they missed a payment. Can I go take the car the continue the payments

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Aaron Michael Lloyd
Aaron Michael Lloyd
  • San Bernardino, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Who is the vehicle registered to? Do you want out of the lease entirely or do you want to stay on the lease and just get them to make the payments on time? I would suggest to schedule a phone consultation in order to discuss this further and examine your best options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.