Princeton Junction, NJ asked in Contracts, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for New Jersey

Q: my friend home is in atlanta,GA can our family stay his home legally for address proof. So that my son can go school

1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: You did not define the word 'stay'. If you mea=n reside full time. Then your son is able to attend school in the municipality in which the home is located. You will need to provide the necessary proofs to the Board of Education of the municipality such as written lease, proof of payment of rent, utility bills in your name at the address, and such other items the school district will request. If you move into the new residence, you will most likely to provide the Division of Motor Vehicles a change of address form also

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.