Norfolk, VA asked in Medical Malpractice for Virginia

Q: Can You sue a medical office for long lasting painful side effects following an unrelated procedure?

Since December My Mother's arm has been unnable to function since She went in for an unrelated procedure and had Her veins forced open over and over again for hours because he brings were small and possibly dehydrated. Instead of rescheduling they tried to force Her veins open which was extremely painful and even now it's too painful for Her to use Her arm regularly. The office says the sprinklers would last 1-2 months not 8. Now they're saying it's probably arthritis even though it's in the exact location where the needles were. It may have exasperated a pre existing condition but the pain was literally not there until after she was seen. We have to prove this. We've seen an hand specialist but the pain is in her arm and we don't know who specializes in nerve study, plus the local doctors seem afraid to speak against each other.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Virginia attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for two weeks. It would be difficult for any attorney to answer your question. It calls for a medical opinion. You could reach out to med mal attorneys in the Norfolk area. If they felt that your mother might have the basis for a case, they could request the file and review with a medical professional. Most law firms that handle such cases offer free initial consults. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.