Philadelphia, PA asked in Appeals / Appellate Law for Pennsylvania

Q: found guilty of retail theft at family dollar. Charged suspisciously! I am NOT GUILTY. Appealed descison!!Please help

. Accused of thEft summary offense local police officer was who put the charges on me the charges were placedweeksafter I got home with my purchased items. No stolen items. I have the receipt and there was no apprehension of me nor did anyone contact me until the court papers came in the mail. It was last year when I got the citation and I tried to talk to the local police but they didn’t want to talk. When I got to magistrate I had to do a zoom meeting. It was rushed and I didn’t like the way it went at all the judge didn’t let me explain hw I am innocent! In the middle of the hearing, my phone died. I had to go to the vehicle for a charger. When I got back into the magistrate the judge said don’t worry about your phone I’ve made my disposition. You’re guilty.. appeal if you disagree. I appealed the case and when I had court for the appeal. I requested a continuance. I received this continuance. The court date is sept third I do believe. I need council please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: First make copies of your documents. Ask for a public defender. Call the county bar association and see if they have any volunteer lawyers.

Ask the prosecutor to produce a list of the items allegedly stolen. If your slip matches theirs no problem.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.