Tustin, CA asked in Probate for California

Q: I am in the will, my Grandfather passed and left me $ to split with the grandchildren. My mon insists there is no will?

I need to get going because my grandpa said I need to get a lawyer after he passes, to help with this. He passed in Late March and I still don’t know what to do? He said the trust will pay my lawyer after everything is done, but I can’t find anyone to help me. My Uncle and mom say there is no will. My Grandfather told me that he had his reasons for doing it this way, and made me promise to get a lawyer. I’m trying, but it seems everyone insists on a retainer, I don’t have money for this. I’m a single mom and after this I won’t have my mom or uncle. My Grandparents lived in Whittier, LA County but I live in Tustin.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Genene N. Dunn
Genene N. Dunn
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Tustin, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hello Sasha. You mention and will and a trust. Do you have a copy of any documents from your grandfather or know the attorney that he might have used? You will have a very hard time without copies of anything. You can also check title to any property he owned to see if it was recorded into a trust. If it does show ownership in a trust you can possibly insist on being provided with a copy of the trust

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.