Portage, IN asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Michigan

Q: The mother of my child Is very uncooperative

The mother of my son name is Cassandra, she has 2 children David is her oldest son he is 6 now. The child we have together is 2 years old now, His name is Liam. Cassandra and I was in the room talking December 2018, with the door open and David was In the living room playing with his toys. He never said anything to us about hurting himself. so that morning we took him to the hospital. The hospital called cps and opened a child abuse case. David was never harmed by anyone. Her court appointed attorney wanted her to blame me because I have a Felony she wouldn’t. So they took me off the case and said I can’t be around David until the case is over. Me and Cassandra got into an argument a year and a half later, about I don’t understand how she feel, She said it’s easy for me to say stop crying everything will be ok. So she said we shouldn’t be together it would be for the best. And when I tried checking on Liam she blocked me, It’s been almost 2 years no contact. I only seen and got

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brent T. Geers
Brent T. Geers
  • Grand Rapids, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: It's unnecessary an inappropriate to mention full names on a public forum like that. But it sounds like you may need to file a motion with the court where the mother and children live. Since you are the father to only the two year old, that's the only child the court can consider.

Depending on how the CPS case went, the mother may have a legitimate concern that if she lets you have contact with either child, CPS may re-enter the picture and accuse her of failure to protect. You'll just have to work through that in court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.