San Bernardino, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: I got a seatbelt ticket wile I was a minor and I guess in the state of California I have to appear in court for that.

The deputy said that I will get a court date in the mail because it wasn't on my ticket but I never have received anything. What should I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The place where you signed your ticket says the last date and time for you to appear on the ticket, and your signature is your promise to appear. If you do not show, it will be an additional $300 assessment. The location of the Courthouse at which you must appear is also there. Some courts send "courtesy notices" but you have to appear whether you get one or not. You can also go in WITH YOUR PARENT, and schedule an appearance with the clerk any day they are taking TRAFFIC ARRAIGNMENTS. If your parent is there you can handle the whole thing at once and in one appearance, if you go in alone you will be given a date to return with your parent.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.