Owensboro, KY asked in Family Law, Personal Injury, Juvenile Law and Small Claims for Kentucky

Q: What should I do?

My son (7years old) and a neighbor kid (10-11 years old) were playing with a group of kids and the boy was hitting my son in the face with a soccer ball and my son went to kick the kid to get him to stop and the kids phone fell out and broke, and the boys mom said they have a family member who saw my son kick the kid and the phone fell out what should I do? They want me to pay for the phone and didn’t want to get the cops involved

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Don’t pay for anything. Never reward bullying.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.