Seminole, FL asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Federal Crimes for Florida

Q: I filed a 2255 petition while in prison that was denied.COA also denied. I appealed the denial of a COA and released

From prison shortly after. I notified both the eleventh circuit and the US Attorney of my release address. A month later the US Attorney mailed me a certificate of interested person's with an appellate case number (18-13559-E). I have since heard nothing from the courts or US Attorney. It has been three years. I am denied internet access do to the terms of my supervised release. How do I find out the status of my case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles William Michaels
Charles William Michaels
  • Appeals & Appellate Lawyer
  • Baltimore, MD

A: Call the Clerk of Court in the court of your case. Most information like this is publicly available, so the Clerk of Court can answer any questions about the status of your case. Be sure you have the case number, if that's available to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.