Atlanta, GA asked in Medical Malpractice for Georgia

Q: How can my daughter sue a hospital and doctors for malpractice?

My daughter had double jaw surgery . There wasn’t suppose to be no scars on her face after the surgery. She came to the Recovery room with a bruise on her chin. It looked as if something had cut her. I was told it would heal. Weeks later scab appeared and then a permanent scar . She also have marks around her mouth . I asked her do she remember anything after surgery she said she heard somebody talking about the brace on her chin being too tight and it should have been off.

This was during COVID so family could not come in her room. Her stay was longer than it was suppose to be. She had little to no help from some of the nurses. He last day she awoke with her arm swollen and lots of pain. The nurse had the IV in her arm instead of her vein. So the fluid went into her arm.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Georgia attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. It would be difficult for any attorney to answer your question based on the description here. One option is to reach out to Georgia med mal attorneys. If an attorney felt that your daughter might have the basis for a case, they could request her records and review them with a medical professional. Most law firms who handle such cases offer free consults, and virtual consults are common these days. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.