Wareham, MA asked in Criminal Law for Massachusetts

Q: Criminal

I went to New Bedford District Court on August 24, 2021 and my Court appointed lawyer with Craig Fries, and I was totally blindsided by him because right before the judge called me,, my lawyer came up to me and said the da and me agreed to 6 months drug screens continued without a finding and then walked away from me, and i was like what,?? I couldn't even respond to him because I wouldn't have taken that, and then when the judge called me up I didn't know what to say because I get nervous so I just went along with it and even the judge said I don't think you can do this because all your charges are drug related, I have been an addict since I was 15 years old and im now 32, and now I failed two drug screens and they put a warrant out for my arrest, I don't know what to do, my lawyer completely blindsided me and I get so nervous that I just went along with it because I didn't know what to do or who to talk to, I need help with this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kim Carnevale
Kim Carnevale
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Salem, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: If Probation has issued a warrant for you, then, as you probably know, you can be arrested on that warrant at any time and possibly held on bail pending any Violation of Probation hearing.

Many lawyers offer free consultations and may help you decide what your options are and see if you can arrange with your Probation Officer to answer to the warrant and deal with your issues. For a free consultation, you may call my office at (978) 412-2141, Attorney Kim Gibson Carnevale, Carnevale Law Office, 70 Washington Street, Suite 214, Salem, MA. 01970

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.