Lawndale, NC asked in Medical Malpractice for North Carolina

Q: I am looking for a lawyer that can help me with a problem with a Dr that did a surgery on my foot and messed it up

He also told us that the plate and the pins that he used did not work properly and he partially removed them. I spoke to one lawyer and he told me I did not have a case and recommended a different surgeon to fix my foot. I called another lawyer and spoke to her and she said that I definitely had a case but unfortunately her firm did not handle these types of cases. Now Im at a stand still and do not know what to do... Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A North Carolina attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. You received two conflicting opinions as to the merits of your potential case. It is not uncommon for this to happen. However, your description does point out the fact that one of the firms does not handle such cases. One option is to reach out to other law firms for their opinions. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.