New Port Richey, FL asked in Land Use & Zoning for Florida

Q: I'm not sure what to say , I sent you a email not long ago . I'm 70yrs old and I own my house an land.

I've been served papers from the owner next-door to me is suing me about my property. there's a lot more issues with this.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you mean you directly sent an email to someone about your legal issue, you cannot re-contact that person by posting to the Justia site. You instead must contact that person directly. Or do you instead mean you previously posted your issue on the Justia site but no one responded? If you mean that, some inquiries do not get a response, as this site is for lawyers to voluntarily post responses if they're interested. In any event, once you've been served a summons and complaint, you need to immediately schedule a consultation with an attorney so that he/she may review the papers, give you advice, and give you a fee quote for representation. You must initiate the contact with a lawyer's office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.