Hayward, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: If you are raided and they find something not listed on the warrant can it be used?

My friend was pulled over due to being on informal probation and recognized by an officer. When searched drugs were found, they raided the house 2 days later and found a gun in his room. He had been in jail for 2 days. He has less than 6 mo to live and they won’t let him out on bail even though he always complies. Only drugs were listed on the warrant, is there anything we can do to help get him bailed. The medical at the jail even wrote that he should be released due to health. We don’t want him to die in jail. Please help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info is needed.

if he has been in custody, then a lawyer has been appointed to represent him.

s/he has all the info available and is the best person to address questions like this and to talk to the DA and or Judge.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.