San Antonio, TX asked in Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for Florida

Q: Can I win a suit for wrongful arrest I went to jail 2 day per envision attn without an arrest warrant for a civil case

I was arrested at my home lied to about having an arrest warrant they had gave me the wrong court date so when I missed and didnt complete there discovery because I had never been served any other papers to know I had a 19919.53 judgment against me for a car that was repo in 2016 the its a lot to the arrest itself because it was civil they didn't know what to do with me so I was treated almost worse that the criminals i left when the attorney said i could after I filled out his discovery paper i received no paperwork no court date and the officer put arrest warrant but i never had one i was never allowed to see a judge my bond was 19919.58 cash only i was in holding cell 21 hours because they didnt know what to do with me but when I look at all the paperwork if I was in contempt it was because they put my court date wrong

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: You are writing from Texas but are directing your inquiry to Fla. attorneys - but whether the event happened in Texas or Florida, you will not be able to get advice about this situation without scheduling a consultation with a civil rights attorney and presenting all materials associated with the event. You may or may not have a viable claim for money damages, depending on a host of factors.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.