Sacramento, CA asked in Civil Litigation and Mergers & Acquisitions for California

Q: Is my mother in law allowed to be in my house when her son is at work and it's just me and my kids when she's yelling me

I called and talk to the police department and she can be Danny my husband mom what will not leave our house but if Danny goes to work is she still allowed to be in my house if he's not there and it's just me,and my kids I don't know what to do

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can obtain a Civil Restraining Order re: Harassment against her and apply for an order from a judge to keep her out of the house. In my opinion, you should contact a local attorney to discuss your personal situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.