Sarasota, FL asked in Real Estate Law and Constitutional Law for Florida

Q: Can my son live with me at a 55+ community if I am recently mentally disabled.

I have been diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, depression, PTSD,plus some physical disabillitys.My son moved here I own my trailer but pay a lot rent they said he can't live here he is 33 I want to move in a year they say he can't stay,is there anyway he can stay to help me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Consult a lawyer in your area handling elder law issues. Search for lawyer by either clicking on the Find a Lawyer tab on the top of the Justia web page or contact the Florida Bar Lawyer Referral Service, which will refer you to a lawyer with a low consultation fee - see That service also has a "low fee panel" of attorneys who can provide services for lower than average fees for those who need it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.