Delray Beach, FL asked in Employment Law, Business Formation and Business Law for Florida

Q: A company wanting to pay me $400 for 2,500 shares. I asked for fare value of current shares and they said no. see below

they quoted: Under Article 113 of the Colorado Business Corporation Act, saying "If you wish to assert dissenters’ rights, you must deliver to the Company, no later than [30 DAYS AFTER NOTICE]" which has expired.. I'm curious if someone sends a notice saying you have 30 days and you don't respond, you cannot 'assert my dissenters’ rights?

I just wanted to be paid for the fare value of the current shares. This was from 2018 and they want to pay me nothing for what I thought had much more value. Do I have rights here?

1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If it's a Colorado corporation, you probably should ask your question in Justia > Ask a Lawyer > Colorado.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.