Anderson, SC asked in Child Custody and Family Law for South Carolina

Q: unmarried 2 month old baby boyfriend trying to take him what is the legal way to prevent this we both live in sc

i live in sc with my boyfriend and my parents house he keeps telling me he wants to take are son back to pa with out me what are my legal choices how can i prevent him from doing this

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brittany Holmes
Brittany Holmes
  • Okatie, SC
  • Licensed in South Carolina

A: If the two of you are not married, it is likely that the father of your son has no legal rights to your 2 month old and cannot take him to PA without your consent.

Megan Hunt Dell agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.