Beaumont, TX asked in DUI / DWI for Texas

Q: How much bond for failure to appear in court for the second time in Texas for a DUI

The original DWI bond was 1000. Failure to appear in court the second time was 5000. What approximately would

it be to bond out for failure to appear the second time? I'm the only one that can bond myself out (I'm too high

risk for the bail bondsman) so I am bringing cash with me when I turn myself in. Want to make sure I bring


Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: This is very simple. Hire a lawyer immediately and have him or her take you to court to arrange the new bond. The actual amount of your new bond depends on many things that only a good local criminal lawyer can successfully communicate to your prosecutor and your judge. Don't try to do this yourself without a lawyer. Seriously. And good luck and next time, show up for your court setting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.