Rockford, IL asked in Child Support for Illinois

Q: If one department in Illinois Child Support releases drivers license, can a different part of child support suspend it?

We received a letter three weeks ago that stated my husbands driver license was released and could be reinstated, after agreeing to a payment plan and continually paying. We just received a letter yesterday (dated Sept 30th 2021) that we now have to pay in full or else the punishments will be worse. Which includes revoking is license.

How does Illinois expect to get the money if they take away drivers license that makes it impossible to get or keep a job. Any advice? He plans on calling both departments to see if there was a miscommunication between the two departments.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: The Illinois Secretary of States does have a set of rules in order to reinstate suspended, or revoked driving privileges.

Also, any reinstatement of state driver's license does require a fee.

Naturally, no state mechanism works flawlessly. Mistakes happen, scrivener's errors occur, and issues get overlooked or mistakenly stated.

Thus, you may reach out to the Secretary of State Driver's License Desk at 217-785-8619 or 217-782-8212. Ask to be transferred to the appropriate desk (reinstatement, or driver's licenses). Then explain your exact issues to the live SOS agent to receive the exact guidance how to go by completing this process correctly.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.