Houston, TX asked in Military Law for Texas

Q: I feel like I was wrongly denied the $100,000 Lang disability benefit, do I have any recourse legally

I am a former LANG guardsmen who deployed with the LA guard and was awarded by the VA 100% permanent and total disability for PTSD arising from my deployment and I was denied the $100,000 benefit.. what can I do to follow up about this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gregory M. Rada
Gregory M. Rada
  • Military Law Lawyer
  • Denver, CO

A: I recommend contacting a lawyer that handles VA disability appeals. I assume you are seeking an earlier effective date for your 100% P&T disability, but it is unclear from your question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.