Roseburg, OR asked in Foreclosure and Probate for Oregon

Q: i have a probate that went into foreclosure, what kind of lawyer do i need to go after the mortgage company?

when i took over my fathers estate the loan got sold to another company. the new com[any accepted 2 payments from me then denied me making payments for about a year, stating that i was not someone on the loan that could be talked to. it took me a long time to get the information from them that they needed. in the mean time my loan went into foreclosure. i also tried to re instate my loan with the full amount but got the run around on how to do it. then i got forced into a hardship by being told i needed to fill it out to get the loan in my name. now my house has burnt down and im stuck in the middle cause the house was still under the estate of and the insurance is unsure, if i am covered or not. now i got hardship loan documentation that i dont agree with and no house on the property.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Michael A. Shurtleff
Mr. Michael A. Shurtleff
  • Salem, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Dear Asker,

I would suggest someone in the debtor/creditor world who likes creative cases with a few complexities.

Options might be.

Keith Karnes,

Tim Eblen

Michael Obrien

You can google those names with "attorney" and you'll find them online. They advertise primarily as bankruptcy attorneys, but there is a lot in addition that they may cover related to debtor/creditor issues.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.