Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Child Support and Family Law for Florida

Q: I'm not the one with the current boyfriend is and he's paying child support and back child suppprt

However she doesn't work eventhough I got her a job twice at my job and is currently living with us without her child... so he is essentially giving her money for a kid she doesn't live with and on top of that she currently resides In our house

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Laura E. Kenney
Laura E. Kenney
  • Jupiter, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: In order to guide you in the right direction, I would need a little more information about the child and where they are currently living. Child support can be modified through the Courts with a showing of a substantial change in circumstances. Feel free to reach out to me through my profile for more information.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.