Shreveport, LA asked in Juvenile Law for Louisiana

Q: Our grand daughter is 14 will be 15 next month the boy is 15 gonna be 16 in nov , he just got kicked out of school,

Our granddaughter wants to keep the baby can we force the to give up for adoption since neither cannot afford the baby! Can we talk to a judge about forced abortion? The boys mother leaves him home alone at night while she works, dad not involved and has another daughter she doesn’t raise either! They are already in with Fins! And now he is kicked out of school

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
Ellen Cronin Badeaux
  • Juvenile Law Lawyer
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Neither of these children are fit to raise a child. However you can neither put their eventual baby up for adoption or impose an abortion on a minor without consent of that minor.

IF however your granddaughter wises..up in the future, THEN the child can be placed for adoption later or within the first 60 days after birth, can be left at a fire station by her with no questions asked.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.