Temecula, CA asked in DUI / DWI for California

Q: California DMV DUI hearing, my license was revoked for 1 year. Can I get a restricted license

At my California DMV DUI hearing, my license was revoked for 1 year, due to the fact the officer stated I refused a blood test (though 100% false. Regardless is there any way for me to get a restricted license for work, medical, food, and transporting my children to/from school?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair
Mr. Hudson Thomas Bair
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • San Francisco, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: No, a finding of refusal by the DMV results in a one year "hard" suspension, you should have been advised of that possibility when you were offered the test.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.