Arlington, VA asked in Criminal Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Is there a way I can get legal advise if I can't afford or it's to late to hire a lawyer on criminal charges

Misdermeanor 3 charge

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Parisa Sadrnia
Parisa Sadrnia
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Southfield, MI

A: If you are unable to afford retaining an attorney, you may request a court-appointed attorney through the court you are facing charges at. While you do not get to choose your court-appointed attorney, it is better than having no legal representation in a criminal proceeding. Generally, there will be a fee associated with receiving a court-appointed attorney and the fee will be included in your fines and costs at your sentencing.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Some criminal law attorneys will work with you on a payment plan. You should contact the defender association for your county.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.